Here you will find:
1. About the Author
3. Contact Information
4. Resources – Books + Podcasts
Addison is currently living in Downtown Denver, CO.
Hey there & welcome! Thanks for checking out ElevenLemons and learning more about who’s behind the blog.
ElevenLemons is a spot to swing by when you’re wondering how to pack for a hike, how to save money, how to survive the loss of a sibling, how to workout in NYC. We’re a one-stop-shop for all your questions and thoughts. It’s Sour, it’s sweet, it’s everything in-between. If you don’t see something you’re looking for, leave me a suggestion!
After living in New York City for close to two years, I decided to move to Denver, Colorado on June 30th, 2019 to try something new. I was also looking for more balance in my life– to be closer to family, spend more time outdoors, start a better job, and be healthier in general. Today, I’m living on the 4th floor of an apartment complex next to Union Station with Mac and my 4-year-old black lab mix, Riley.
My love for writing began early on in my childhood. In elementary school, I began my short stories and poems career. In 5th grade, I was accepted into “The Academy for Young Writers“. In 7th I wrote a five-page paper about how great Oprah Winfrey is after an immature boy was throwing shade at her. In college, I received an Arts & Science scholarship for my writing. When I was 20 years old, living in Seville, Spain, I started ElevenLemons. Writing has been a passion and a release for me my whole life.
Where are you from?
I guess I’m somewhat of a “nomad” (My dad would scoff at that). I was born in Kansas City, Missouri and lived in Overland Park, Kansas until I was around two years old. From there I’ve been all over the place– Arizona, Pennsylvania, Spain, Connecticut, New York, Ohio, Minnesota, and the list goes on. Right now, most of my family lives in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and Minnesota.
Where did you go to school?
- High School: Minnetonka High School (Minnesota)
- University: University of Missouri
- Major: Business Marketing
- Minor: Psychology
- Certifications/Honors/Awards: Multicultural Certificate, Green Dot Certificate, Fall 2017 Sales Excellence Award, Target Retail Scholar, Northeast Intercollegiate Sales Competition Finalist 2017, Arts and Science Study Abroad Scholarship 2016
Where are you working?
I work from home at a healthcare tech company that’s headquartered in San Francisco, CA. I’m a Client Success Specialist and work with health systems, hospitals, and agencies on physician to physician marketing. I absolutely love it.
What’s something you’d like to accomplish?
I’d like to write a book.
What’s something you’re scared of?
I’m scared of disappointing or not meeting the expectations of the people I deeply care about. It can be a source of anxiety for me.
You lead me. You guide me. You teach me. You love me.In memory…. Amorosi 4, forever
Questions, Thoughts, Feelings, Hellos
- Everybody Always – Bob Goff
- Love Does – Bob Goff
- You are a Badass – Jen Sincero
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel
- Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
- Girl, Stop Apologizing – Rachel Hollis
- The Third Wave – Steve Case
- Unshakeable – Tony Robbins
- I will Teach You To Be Rich – Ramit Sethi
Poems & Fiction
- Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur
- The Wife Between Us – Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen
- The Couple Next Door – Shari Lapena
- The Art of Racing in the Rain
- The Anonymous Girl – Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen
- How I Built This with Guy Raz (business)
- RISE with Rachel Hollis (self love)
- Dr’s Farmacy (health & wellness)
- Industry Focus (business/money)
- How To With Charles Duhigg (life)
- The Daily (news)
- Into the Dark (crime)
- Ted Talks (from science to psychology to homelessness)