What’s intermittent fasting (IF)?
IF is going extended periods of time without eating. One popular method is the 16/8 Method where you fast for 16 hours each day. This is the method I use. I don’t eat before 12:00pm and stop eating between 8:00 – 9:00pm.
Why do people do intermittent fasting?
There are three main reasons:
- Weight loss
- Improve metabolic health (5 factors: blood sugar, triglycerides, good cholesterol (HDL), blood pressure, & waist circumference)
- Live longer
If you like intermittent fasting, it’s great to do 4-5 times per week, but 7x/week is pushing towards not-so-healthy. I do the 16/8 Method Monday through Friday, but then typically eat breakfast on Saturday morning.
When you’re doing IF, you can drink water, coffee, or other non-caloric drinks such as seltzer at any point during the day. If you go by the book, you’re not supposed to add in anything else besides the three beverages listed above. However, Bulletproof Coffee is a great way to get in a few extra nutrients and jumpstart your workday.
How do I make a Bulletproof drink while I’m fasting?
What you’ll need
- Coffee pot
- Ground coffee of your choice
- Collagen powder
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil — Decreases cravings and leaves you feeling full
- Take the freshly made coffee and pour it into your blender
- Add a scoop of the collagen powder into the blender
- Add two cap fulls of the Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil into the blender (You’ll want to start off small and work your way up to more. Read more here)
- Blend it up!
- Pour your healthy-day starter into a mug
- Top it off with a little ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon is great for lowering blood sugar, adding flavor, decrease inflammation, & reduce risk of heart disease
Do you see yourself making this drink in the morning?